Print Page | Contact Us | Sign In | New to AJS?
Holocaust Studies
Moderator(s): Gabriel N. Finder
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Trauma and Holocaust 0 N. Pines I am seeking papers for a panel that deals with the way trauma has challenged and shaped our understanding of history, literature, and theory in the context of the Holocaust. Papers dealing with the various aspects of trauma and melancholy in post-Holocaust film, literature, history, and critical theory are welcome. If you are interested in participating, please contact me at the following email: noampine@buffalo.edu. Noam Pines, Assistant Professor, Jewish Thought, SUNY Buffalo
by N. Pines
Sunday, April 22, 2018
Politicization of the Holocaust in the 21st Century in Eastern Europe 0 V. Khiterer I would like to create a panel for the 50th AJS Conference, Boston, MA, December 16-18, 2018 on the “Politicization of the Holocaust in the 21st Century in Eastern Europe”. I would like to present my paper about the commemoration and memorialization of the Babi Yar tragedy and politicization of the Holocaust in Modern Ukraine. As a founding member of the Scientific Council of the Babi Yar Holocaust Memorial Center (BYHMC) in Kyiv, Ukraine, I am personally involved in the process of the memorialization of the Holocaust in Kyiv and can share my personal experiences. I am looking for other panel presenters, a chair and a respondent. If you are interested in participating in the panel, please contact me by email: victoria.khiterer@millersville.edu Victoria Khiterer, Ph.D., Associate Professor of History, Director of the Conference on the Holocaust and Genocide, Millersville University
by V. Khiterer
Wednesday, March 21, 2018