Print Page | Contact Us | Sign In | New to AJS?
Modern Jewish Thought & Theology
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Seeking participants for session on Hermann Cohen 2 M. Kaplowitz You can best reach me at ehalper@uga.eduEdward Halper
by E. Halper
Wednesday, May 2, 2018
Session seeking participants: A.I. Kook 0 O. Werdiger Seeking one more participant for a session on the thought of A.I.Kook. Paper can discuss either Kook directly or his influence more broadly. Please contact Ori Werdiger at owerdiger@uchicago.edu
by O. Werdiger
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Looking for Participants for Roundtable on Modern Feminist Midras 0 R. Adelman I am looking for a few more participants for this Rountable: "Law, Narrative, and Theology in Modern Feminist Midrash" This round table will address the call for radical change, through interpretive strategy and halakhic innovation, in modern feminist midrash. Each discussant will draw on contemporary Midrashim (their own or others), as they address the following questions: a) the call for halakhic change; b) the call for new interpretive strategies in addressing the androcentric biblical text and/or rabbinic tradition; and c) the varied theological strategies these Midrashim use in dealing with the patriarchy of the tradition. Please email: adelmanr@gmail.com
by R. Adelman
Thursday, April 12, 2018